This mod is a loose adaptation of D&D 3.5 Edition’s Warlock, a powerful, spontaneous spellcaster who uses baleful invocations to overwhelm their foes. The implementation of the Warlock is aimed to be as close to the original as possible within the engine’s constraints, and therefore plays more like its own class rather than a kit.
As an ‘arcane’ class, the Warlock is treated as a wizard in terms of class checks, gaining the Planar Sphere as a stronghold.
A complete list of Invocations and High Level Abilities may be found here.
Note: Due to limitations in character creation, the Warlock functions as a bard kit.
WARLOCK: Born of a supernatural bloodline, a warlock seeks to master the perilous magic that suffuses <PRO_HISHER> soul. Unlike sorcerers and wizards, who approach arcane magic through the medium of spells, a warlock invokes powerful magic through nothing more than an effort of will. The font of dark magic burning in their souls makes them resistant to many forms of attack and arms them with dangerous power. Warlocks learn to harness their power to perform a small number of specific attacks and tricks called invocations. Warlocks make up for their lack of versatility by being tougher and more resilient than sorcerers or wizards. By harnessing <PRO_HISHER> innate magical gift through fearsome determination and willpower, a warlock can perform feats of supernatural stealth, beguile the weak-minded, or scour <PRO_HISHER> foes with blasts of Eldritch power.
– May not wear armor heavier than chain mail.
– May not equip shields larger than bucklers.
– May only become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class.
– May only become Proficient (one slot) in any fighting style.
– Thieving abilities: Pick Pockets.
– Eldritch Lore: The warlock gains 10 base Lore per level.
– May cast Invocations.
INVOCATIONS: A Warlock does not prepare or cast spells as other wielders of arcane magic do. Instead, he possesses a repertoire of attacks, defenses, and abilities known as invocations that require him to focus the wild energy that suffuses his soul. A Warlock can use any invocation he knows at will. The four grades of invocation, in order of their relative power, are least, lesser, greater and dark.
– May use the Eldritch Blast ability at will.
ELDRITCH BLAST: A warlock attacks <PRO_HISHER> foes with Eldritch power, using baleful magical energy to deal damage and sometimes impart other debilitating effects. An Eldritch Blast deals 1d6 points of magical damage at 1st level and increases by 1d6 in power for every three levels gained (up to 14d6 at 40th level). The default blast shape has a casting time of 1, while advanced blast shapes have longer casting times but decrease by 1 per 4 caster levels post-acquisition. There is no Saving Throw against this attack, but Magic Resistance can negate it.
As the warlock gains in levels, <PRO_HESHE> is able to shape <PRO_HISHER> Eldritch Blast into different forms.
3rd level: HIDEOUS BLOW: The first melee attack each round channels an Eldritch Blast.
7th level: ELDRITCH SPEAR: Eldritch Blast penetrates through all enemies in its path. Increases casting time by 1.
11th level: ELDRITCH CHAIN: Eldritch Blast chains to one extra target per 3 levels, dealing 1d6 reduced damage per target. Increases casting time by 2.
15th level: ELDRITCH CONE: Eldritch Blast takes the shape of a 90-degree cone. Increases casting time by 4.
19th level: ELDRITCH DOOM: Eldritch Blast affects all enemies within a 30 ft. radius. Increases casting time by 6.
– 5th level: Gains 10% resistance to crushing, slashing, piercing, and missile damage. An additional 5% is gained at levels 15, 25 and 35.
– 8th level: The warlock regenerates one hit point per three rounds.
– 10th level: Gains 10% resistance to acid, cold, electrical, fire and magical damage. An additional 10% is gained at levels 20, 30 and 40.
– 12th level: Deceive Item: The warlock gains the ability to use Mage scrolls.
– 16th level: Regeneration rate increased to one hit point per two rounds.
– 22nd level: Becomes immune to non-magical weapons.
– 24th level: Regeneration rate increased to one hit point per round.
– Alignment restricted to chaotic good, chaotic neutral, lawful evil, neutral evil and chaotic evil.
– Hit Die: d6