SHADOW ADEPT: Shadow adepts hurl themselves into the abyss of the Shadow Weave, immediately acquiring all the gifts available to casual students and discovering secrets unavailable to all but the most dedicated.
– Hit Die: d6
– May use Shadow Magic.
SHADOW MAGIC: Spells of the Shadow Weave are usually more powerful than regular magic, but drains the caster’s life force. When a spell is cast, the shadow adept must make a Save vs. Death at a modifier equal to the spell level (e.g. -1 for 1st level, -9 for 9th level) or temporarily lose Constitution equal to the level of the spell cast for 3 rounds. If the shadow adept’s Constitution reaches zero, <PRO_HESHE> is killed instantly.
The Shadow Weave is a mysterious and dark entity, far more alien and harder to control than that of Mystra’s equivalent. As such, a great amount of mental acuity is required in order to master shadow magic. High intelligence, wisdom and charisma benefits those who choose to stray into Shar’s domain.
– Gains the Darkvision innate ability.
DARKVISION: The shadow adept is gifted with the ability to see in the dark even better than in light, permanently gaining infravision and immunity to blindness.
– May cast one additional spell per level.
– +2 bonus to saving throws against spells of the Enchantment, Illusion and Necromancy schools.
– 4th level: May use the Shield of Shadows ability once per day.
SHIELD OF SHADOWS: The shadow adept surrounds <HIMHER>self with a barrier of purpleblack force. This shield of shadows functions like a shield spell, setting <HISHER> armor class to 4 (2 against ranged weapons) and absorbing magic missiles cast at <PRO_HIMHER> for 1 hour per 2 levels to a maximum of 9 hours.
From 8th level onwards, the shield of shadows also grants +4 to saving throws vs. death and +1 to all other saving throws.
– 5th level: May use Shadowstep once per day. Gains one use every 5 levels thereafter.
SHADOWSTEP: Step into the Shadow Plane and move for 7 seconds while others are frozen in time. The shadow adept cannot attack or use spells while in the Shadow Plane.
– 6th level: May use Find Shadow Familiar. This ability is only available to the protagonist.
FIND SHADOW FAMILIAR: The shadow adept may, once in their lifetime, bind a creature from the Plane of Shadow to them permanently, sacrificing four points of Constitution (which gradually recovers over several weeks) to summon a shadow familiar.
– 14th level: May use the Shadow Double ability once per day.
SHADOW DOUBLE: The shadow adept creates a copy of <PRO_HIMHER>self out of shadowstuff. The copy is at 60% of the caster’s level and has all the spells and abilities that the caster would have at that level.
– -2 penalty to saving throws against spells of the Invocation and Alteration schools.
– May not learn or use spells from the Weave.
– Alignment restricted to non-good.
Prime Requisites For Dual-Classing: Intelligence, Charisma