Pale Master (Sorcerer)
PALE MASTER: Necromancy is usually a poor choice for arcane spellcasters -– those who really want to master the deathless arts almost always pursue divine means. However, an alternative exists for those who desire power over undead but refuse to give up their arcane craft completely. Enter the pale master, who draws on a font of special lore that provides a macabre power all its own.
– 1st level: Gains Boneskin.
BONESKIN: The pale master’s tough, cadaverous flesh gives them a +1 to AC (+2 at 7th, +3 at 13th).
– 2nd level: May use Animate Dead once per day.
ANIMATE DEAD: As per the mage and cleric spell, summons an allied skeleton warrior to serve the caster.
– 3rd level: Gains Deathless Vigor.
DEATHLESS VIGOR: The pale master’s body becomes more akin to the undying flesh of his undead associates. Gains infravision, immunity to sleep and +1 to saves vs. death (+2 at 8th, +3 at 13th).
– 6th level: The pale master gives in to terrible necrophiliac urges. He cuts off his arm and replaces it with an undead prosthetic, which may be skeletal in form or preserved flesh stitched in place like that of a flesh golem. May use Undead Graft twice per day.
UNDEAD GRAFT: The pale master touches a target with a ghoulish hand. Target must save vs. death or be held for 5 rounds.
– 10th level: Undead Graft saving throw at -1.
– 12th level: Gains Tough as Bone.
TOUGH AS BONE: The pale master becomes more and more like one of the implacable undead. Immunity to hold, stun and poison.
– 14th level: Undead Graft saving throw at -2.
– 15th level: May use Create Skeleton Abomination once per day.
CREATE SKELETON ABOMINATION: Summons a powerful skeleton abomination to serve the caster for 2 hours.
– 16th level: The pale master’s touch becomes deadly and can instantly kill a target. May use Deathless Master’s Touch twice per day.
DEATHLESS MASTER’S TOUCH: The pale master touches a target with a life-snuffing hand. Target must save vs. death with a -3 penalty or die instantly.
– 18th level: Undead Graft saving throw at -3.
– 20th level: Gains Deathless Mastery.
DEATHLESS MASTERY: The pale masters are practically undead creatures themselves. Immunity to death magic and level drain.
– Hit Die: d6
– May cast one fewer spell per level per day.
– Alignment restricted to non-good.
– Incurs a -2 penalty to Charisma.