BARDIC WONDERS: Troubadour
TROUBADOUR: Troubadours are musicians that specialize in lyric poetry. Their songs are often of chivalry and courtly love. In adventuring, troubadour bards are valuable due to their proficiency in healing spells, including songs of rejuvenation that protect their comrades. Women that choose the profession of the troubadour are usually known as trobairitz.
– May cast spells while wearing armor.
– The troubadour’s Bard Song, “Song of Healing”, gradually heals their allies and provides them with resistance to any attempts to impair their movement, magical or otherwise.
1st level: allies regenerate 1 hit point per round and are immune to slows.
9th level: allies regenerate 2 hit points per round and are immune to all movement-impairing effects.
18th level: allies regenerate 3 hit points per round and are immune to all mind-affecting and movement-impairing effects.
– Gains the following priest spells in their spellbook:
1st level: Cure Light Wounds
2nd level: Aid
3rd level: Cure Medium Wounds
4th level: Cure Serious Wounds
5th level: Mass Cure
6th level: Heal
– 10th level: May use the Voice of Peace ability once per day.
VOICE OF PEACE: Chanting a soft melody, the troubadour soothes their allies’ spirits and renews their confidence, healing them for 1d6 (+1 per level) hit points. All allies affected also gain 10% physical resistance and immunity to berserk effects for 1 turn. However, allied barbarians and berserkers will find themselves unable to call upon their rage while the aura of calm is in effect.
– 14th level: May use the Sacred Breath ability once per day.
SACRED BREATH: This ability functions the same way as the 5th level priest spell Raise Dead, restoring the target to life.
– May not wear armor heavier than studded leather.
– May only be proficient in weapons usable by thieves.
– Only has one-half Pick Pockets percentage.
– May only be of Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral alignment.